This month I went through the Make Over Your Mornings (affiliate link) course by Money Saving Mom, Crystal Paine. I LOVED it! It has helped me get back into a routine of being purposeful with my mornings. And when that happens, I get so much more done!! I would highly recommend this online course. It just takes 20 minutes a day and it is SO helpful:
Anyway, I’ve been saturating myself with articles, posts, ecourses, etc on goal setting and establishing routines. And now I’m working to establish good habits. Have you heard of the 5-day method at tinyhabits.com? It helped me build the habit of wiping off the kitchen counters after putting the boys to bed. Check it out!
So, if you are feeling overwhelmed, or just trying to start somewhere, begin with these 5 Habits.
5 Habits to Begin This Week
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s rest. Join a FB accountability group to help!!
- Make the most of your mornings. I started a FB accountability group – check it out!
- Set 5 small goals. Or start with tinyhabits above!
- Break down your goals into bite-size pieces. Think through what you need to accomplish monthly or weekly.
- Find an accountability partner and set up check-ins.
I finally, last week, sat down and broke down my goals for this year into bite size pieces. So, I’ll be sharing that with you all soon.
On of my goals is to read 18-24 books this year. I initially set a goal of 24 books, but when I reviewed all my goals with my husband he asked how many I had read in January so far. I had only started 1 at that time (and it was halfway through the month!!), so he helped me modify the goal to be 18. I’m officially setting the goal as in the range of 18-24 because I optimistically think I can still make my 2 books a month goal. 🙂
I’m also joining up with Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2016 Reading Challenge:
I still have to pick some of the books I’m going to read for the categories, but these are the books I’m working through either right now, or soon (*affiliate links below: by clicking on my links you won’t be charged more if you choose to buy, you just will help support this website!):
- Money Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference by Crystal Paine
- Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson
- The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming by Sally Clarkson
- The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You by Jessica N. Turner
- The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands by Lysa TerKeurst
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Hands-Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters! by Rachel Macy Stafford
- Raising Boys by Design: What the Bible and Brain Science Reveal About What Your Son Needs to Thrive by Dr. Gregory L. Jantz
- Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You Have Longed To Be by Linda Dillow
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine
Sense a theme yet?
I also plan to listen to the whole Bible – I just finished Deuteronomy!
Anyway, what habits do you think are essential?