Your 1 year birthday has come and gone (post on that a little bit later)!! Crazy! I can’t believe how much has happened in one year – and now the start of your second year of life. I hope it is just as fun!!
Mobility: You are crawling like crazy, pulling up to standing, and are climbing the stairs easily (with encouragement).
Sleep: Because of your activity, sometimes you don’t want to slow down long enough for naps. You take one, sometimes two naps and then go to bed around 7:30pm.
Play: You are content playing on your own, but you LOVE playing with others. You peruse books, talk to the ceiling or lights, bang blocks together, pull up to standing, take toys one by one out of containers or just crawl around and explore! You love the toys that make music the best!!
You do a great job playing on your own, since you are an only child at this point. One time I was reading in the same room you were playing and subconsciously I recognized you had been quiet for a bit so I look up from my book to see this:
Social: You entertained a LOT of people for your one year birthday party!! (more on that in a later post)
Diet: You now have a lot more interest in eating solids and have a big appetite, most of the time. You love sloppy joe meat, chicken, steamed carrots, grapes, yogurt and oatmeal the best.
At one year, you were breastfeeding 3 times a day (though at about 12 1/2 months we switched the last feeding a day over to breastmilk in a bottle). You have been leading a cut back in breastfeeding slowly – Momma is liking how slow it is going AND the fact that you are leading it (for the most part)!! Soon we may switch to just two feedings a day (you seem to be losing interest in the mid-day feeding).
Likes: Water – you have really enjoyed your baths lately – and the times we have gone swimming. You LOVE
being squirming in Momma’s arms (you have been a bit clingy lately). Now that you are crawling, you love to explore new places and examine new things – everything is a toy in your mind!
Firsts & Milestones:
- May 27 th – Imitated Momma and put a toy away.
- May 28th – Went from tummy to sitting up in the middle of the room!
- May 29th – Met with Tiny K and learned two exercises to get you on your knees more.
- June 2nd – You are getting up on your knees more and almost moving forward.
- June 6th – Able to crawl forward just a bit to get a book.
- June 8th – Fully crawling – and crawling fast!!
- June 11th – Swam in a pool (with Momma, Nana and Papa)!
- June 14th – First showing disobedience and throwing food purposefully on the floor.
- June 15th – First time at the KC zoo!!
- June 22nd – Dedication and your one year birthday party!!
- June 24th – Happy birthday Ain!! On your actually birthday:
- June 30th – When asked what sound does a doggie make, answered “uh uh”. Pulled to standing using the couch!
- July 2nd – Climbed the stairs!!
You are growing up too fast!! Here are some 1 year professional photos we had taken by Sarah Long at Joyful Photography:
We love you, little man!