Wow – 7 months already (well, really 7 and a half months, since this post is late)!! Here are some milestones that you have reached:
- you said your first word!
- you definitely communicate your likes and dislikes and push something away from your face or bring it to your mouth
- you can select a toy to play with
- make connections between actions and words: you understand the word and sign for “milk”
- exploring the sounds you can make – shrieking LOUDLY now!
- sitting up on your own for a little bit at a time
- bringing food and objects up to your mouth
- you are showing so much character!
Sleep: You do a great job falling asleep on your own – we are so grateful for that! Some nights you sleep longer than others. But I’m still happy to nurse you once or twice a night. You fall asleep between 7:30 and 8pm and wake up for the day about 12 hours later.
Social: You are happy in the church nursery, or to have others hold you!
Diet: Still mainly breastmilk, with solids just about once a day on average. You have tried avocado, apple, cucumber, sweet potato fries, orange, grapefruit, veggie straws, banana, green pepper, steamed carrot, and pear. When you see me eating breakfast you fuss until I give you something to eat. (I’m going to do a post on baby led weaning and why we are doing it soon!)
Likes: When ANYONE picks you up and talks to you or sings to you, observing, smiling, the pacifier, YOUR FEET, your caterpillar and lamb, eating solids, talking to others, and “exercising” with Daddy and Momma. You love kisses on the neck – that’s what has gotten you to laugh the most!!
Dislikes: Not being able to eat what Momma and Daddy are eating. Being tired, hungry or bored – those are the main 3 reasons why you cry!
Firsts & Milestones:
- Dec. 30th – You had the flu.
- Dec. 31st – You started making a connection to feel the touch book when we read to you. You feel the different textures primarily with your right hand.
- Jan. 6th – Reached out to Momma for the first time!
- Jan. 20th – Reached out to Daddy for the first time.
- Jan. 21st – First time in jumper (you are not jumping yet, but you still enjoy it):
- Jan. 22th – Rolled from back to tummy to reach a toy!
- Jan. 23th – You said “Da” and reached for Matt. We think you understand it means “Daddy!”
We love watching you grow and change every day!! The day you turned 7 months, you wore matching hats with Daddy: