For 2017, I’m not going to write a list of goals I would like to accomplish for the whole year. I tried that last year, and for about half of my goals I lost interest, or wanted to change gears. Believe it or not I set 25 habits/goals for last year. I accomplished just about half of them. That’s pretty good!! I’m not disappointed I didn’t accomplish more, but this year I would like to try and cut back on the goals before the year starts.
I have several long term goals – longer than a year – that I’m not going to mention in this post. Last year I spent time thinking about all my goals and breaking them all down into bite sized pieces. While it seemed doable at the time – each goal seemed manageable when I looked at it in isolation, but when I look back at all the goals I set for myself last year it’s overwhelming. I didn’t have enough time in my day to do everything I wanted to do. I thought that was okay at the time My plan was to just focus on 5-7 goals each month from my list of 25. But this year, I was to narrow my focus even more.
First, there are some habits I want to get back to, or continue to maintain. These will help me chip away at my goals.
1. Get enough sleep
- go to bed early-ish
- wake at least 30 minutes before the kids
2. Morning Routine
- continue to adjust and work on having a consistent morning routine (I may even work through Crystal’s Make Over your Mornings course again to get back into routine). If you want to join my accountability group, just send request to join my fb accountability group.
1. Read 12 books this year.
- I have a long list of books I want to get through. I would love to read at least just 1 book/month.
2. Create outline and lesson plans for kids’ Bible curriculum.
- I had this on my list of goals last year, but I actually have more of an idea what this is going to look like and have already started working on it with my husband.
3. Work through one course or challenge at a time.
I love challenges, but I tend to take on too much at a time, so I’m going to try and focus on one at a time (and I may even take some months off!!). Here are some courses I’m very interested in going through at some point this year:
- Amanda’s Let’s Start Lettering course.
- Crystal’s 15 Days to a Healthier You (affiliate link) course.
- Mystie’s Work the Plan video course (which I’ve purchased but never worked through).
- Some kind of saving money challenge – like no-spend February, or something like that.
- Decluttering the whole house.
- Just clean something challenge.
4. Work through Breastfeeding Counselor course.
- I may not be completely certified by the end of 2017, but I want to be almost all the way through the course and just have the
5. Set up doula website.
- This has been a bit overwhelming for me, since the WordPress theme I originally chose for my website is proving a challenge. I have not set a specific end date yet of having the website up – for sure by the end of February though.
So 5 goals and 2 habits – that’s doable, right? I’m going to start with these goals for the first couple of months of 2017, and then at the beginning of March re-evaluate.
What are your goals or habits for 2017?