Want to check out this challenge? Hop on over Money Saving Mom’s blog to join in on the Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge this week!!
Yesterday the challenge was to Just Say No. I wrote a list off all I wanted to accomplish today and then I chose 3 things to cross of my list. This helps us to practice learning to evaluate our activities and commitments. I chose to cross off:
1) Send out thank-you notes. Yes, these have been on my to-do list for awhile, but today I need to tackle more pressing matters that I have also been putting off.
2) Creating a flyer for our business. My goal is to accomplish this sometime this week. But not today.
3) Being on the computer after 6 p.m. (This idea is from Money Saving Mom). I think it’s a great idea to have a goal to stay off the computer in the evenings and keep it reserved for family time (on nights my husband is not working) — and if I have more work to do, I can save it for tomorrow.
Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge: Day 2
Recognize and Appreciate your Gifts
Today, the challenge was to spend 10 minutes brainstorming and writing down what you like, admire, and appreciate about yourself. What are your gifts, talents, and abilities? What really lights you up, or what people rave about you? What comes easily for you?
Then, share in the comments 5 of your gifts!!
Here are 5 of my gifts:
1) Optimism – I often expect the best in people and situations. I tend to look on the bright side of situations.
2 ) Planner – I love to look at the big picture of my life/a project and figure out the bite-sized steps one needs to take to complete that project. I love to plan out times to work on such projects.
3) Working toward organization/Driven – I love the motto “A place for everything and everything in it’s place.” I tend to be always working towards this goal in my home. It’s a never-ending process, but I LOVE it!
4) Encourager – I like to take time to write notes of encouragement to others. Written form is the best way I communicate.
5) Mothering a baby – I’m not sure how to pinpoint this gift, but I LOVE being a mother to my son. I love interacting with him as he is growing, learning and developing skills.